Tuesday 20 September 2011

Mapo Korean Restaurant: Yook Hwe (Steak Tartare)


Mapo Korean Restaurant, Gouger street, Adelaide

As mentioned before, the atmosphere and the service was wonderful. MY own mistake was not realising what I was ordering. As I ordered this steak tartare, I didn't realise it was going to be raw [DOY!]. The menu read: sliced scotch fillet with fuji apple, cranberry sauce and egg yolk served flaming Bacardi 151.

It sounded exciting and very different to my norm so I thought I'd be daring. unfortunately to no success as I do not eat raw meat! It tasted funny and ugh the slimy cold texture grossed me out! For anyone who does eat raw meat this would probably rate very high, However, I did not enjoy the meal and rate this from my enjoyment of the dish alone, because as I said the restaurant, service and atmosphere was great and ingredients used were all of good quality and super fresh and as you can see the presentation was again, fantastic. I still recommend this place to visit for dinner.

I rate this dish 1 star

No comments:

Post a Comment